Like other endeavors, there are storage unit tips or “tricks of the trade” that can greatly help you determine the right storage space to reserve and how to arrange your unit so access is easier. Here are the storage unit tips and packing tips that we offer customers. Hopefully, they will be helpful to you too!
Storage Unit Tips
While trying to visualize whether a certain storage space will hold your belongings, jot down what you plan to store and match contents to one of our storage space sizes. For instance, our:
- 10x15 units hold contents from one-bedroom apartment and large boxes
- 10x20 units can easily store the contents from a two-bedroom home along with appliances and miscellaneous items—or comfortably store a vehicle
- 10x25 units can accommodate a three-bedroom home with appliances and garage items
- Note, we also offer 10x5, 10x10 and 10x30 sizes, as well as climate-controlled units for sensitive items
When storing your items, think about access and what you will need to access most. Then we suggest you:
- Label your boxes
- Place heaviest boxes on the bottom
- Leave a walkway
- Take apart larger items, such as bed frames and tables
- Stack couches on end to conserve space
- Remember not to store food
Need more advice and guidance? Just contact our Redmond storage on-site managers.